Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Week 68

1/19/15

Hello Po!

Alright, so this week was good. I have learned a lot from my companion. She is really a good example to me.  She is a hard worker and loves the people.  I am super grateful that she is my companion.  We have fun together and love the work. 

So we were able to teach a lot this week...except for when we had a little typhoon on Saturday.  It was sooo weird.  The winds were heavy and strong and the rain was super weird.  My umbrella kept going inside out. It was super funny and embarrassing. We had curfew at 6 on Saturday night.  Sister Sanchez and I played "Slap JAck," the game that Dad sent me for Christmas.  Man, sister Sanchez is really good at it! haha.. it just wasn't my day. :)  

Anyways, so on Sunday we still had church.  We had to clean up the flood though, on the 2nd story of our house though, so we were a little late.  I love the saints here.  Even though, there was a bagyo, they still came to church to renew their baptism covenants.  I love the people here. Our investigator that I mentioned last week is great. He came to church.  That is what I call Faithful, and ready!  He was so wet and cold, yet he still came.  We need more saints like that!

We also had exchanges this week.  I was with Sister Tavita, from Kiribati.  It was fun to be with the trainy of sister Kwong, my companion before sister Wilkinson.  Man, I have only had 7 companions in the field...including the one 3 sum I was in.  Wow, other missionaries have like 13 and stuff. I have learned so much from my companions though.  They are all great!

Anyways, exchanges were really good. I would much rather be in my area when I do exchanges.  She is a great missionary.  We got to go tracting!  It felt good.. I haven't done it in a while.  

So on Sunday, we got a text from a member saying that his mom had died. It was super sad.  So we went to the hospital where they were, and were able to hopefully help in some way.  We got back to Bacon at about 8, and were able to teach a less active family, and then we went home and did our Sunday reporting. So yesterday was busy.  Well, today, we went early to the mortuary and helped 2 other relief society sisters dress the lady.  It was a very interesting experience.  

As these 2 days have past, I have been reflecting about how lucky and blessed I am to have knowledge about the plan of Salvation.  I know that we can see our loved ones again.  I know that if we live the gospel: have faith in Christ, repent, are baptized and keep our covenants, receive the holy ghost and endure to the end, we can see each other again and be with one another forever.  I know that this is true. I also know that Christ overcame the sting of death.  Because of Him, we can live again. We can be clean and prepare for death, because of our Savior. I love my Savior, and I know that He is always there for each and every one of us!

Well, I love you all so much!  Thank you for all your love and support!

Love Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment