Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 38

Hello to all, and to all a happy 4th of July!

Yep, happy 4th of July! I will be celebrating it with red, white and
blue rice; my version of potato salad, hot dogs, and some kind of
dessert.  Oh, I will make us some smores! Yep, thats my 4th of July
meal...hopefully. :)  Well, this week has been a great one!  We
started it out with like all of our appointments falling through, and
with some sadness and challenges,  but oh it's been a great week!  We
were able to find 7 new investigators and sana they will, at least 1
or 2 or hopefully all of them, will be ready and prepared to accept
the gospel of happiness!  If only they knew and understood that real
happiness comes from the gospel-living the gospel.

 Even though there are so many hardships in our lives, we can have
peace, because of the gospel.  I love the gospel of Jesus Christ, and
I do know that the gospel is the way for each of us, to return to
God's presence!  I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and that through Him
we are strengthened to fight off the temptations of satan, and to
Endure Faithfully to the End.  I know that He wants to help and
strengthen us.

Well, I have learned many things from sister Kwong.  She is so humble!
 Like, I feel so bad that she has to deal with me for 6+ weeks.  haha!
 We have fun together!  She's such a hard worker, and so diligent.
When she decides to change and become better, she does.  She's great!

Yesterday, holy cow!  We were walking on this LOoOoong road on our way
to an area, and it started pouring!  Man, my poor umbrella.  So, yeah
my umbrella didn't even do too much to help with the rain yesterday.
Oh man, and we had Gergence and Jessica (Members) working with us.
They didn't have umbrella's so it was Gergence and I under one, and
Sister Kwong and Jessica under hers.  Man, the joys of being on a
mission here in the Philippines in Tag-Ulan (Rainy Season). I love it
though, it was actually  fun to just not even care and get all soaked
with the rain.  It was actually a freezing cold walk back home...in
the Philippines.  Yes you heard me, it was cold, because of our
drenched bodies and the wonderful wind that accompanied us home. :)
haha!

I am sorry I haven't sent pictures!  I know I am a slacker, but I lost
my SD card reader, so I have to buy a new one, and then...yeah I
sometimes forget/procrastinate to do so. :)  I love you all, I am
still alive and eating! (Eating---that for sure, and another reason
why I procrastinate sending pics...;)

Love you all!  Have a great week!

Love, Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment