Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 35

Hello Po sa inyong lahat!

This week has been great!  It's been full of different companions, area's, and wonderful things learned.  So with the three of us being companions, we have two areas to cover.  So, we switch off, so it's not 1 missionary and a member everyday in an area, but so it's a little bit of both.  I have worked withe branch missionaries, and they are so astig, especially sister Gergence.  Ah I love that girl, she is so strong in the gospel.  Her whole family is inactive, but she continues to be so active, and she strives to prepare for her mission.  She is a beautiful example to me.

So we have been teaching Margie Buenavente's daughter, Shaira.  She is 11, and so gorgeous.  She always comes to church, and is very involved in the programs.  She has a baptism date for July12.  She is so excited about the gospel, and she loves living it.  She is a wonderful little girl.  I love teaching her!

So on Wednesday, we were in one of our area's and an investigator of ours was "Busy" and so we couldn't teach her.  We were close to the house of one of our formers, and so I was like, lets just go down here and tract.  So we started walking down the road to her area, and then we saw her husband riding his bike.  I couldn't stop myself...or it just slipped out of my mouth, but I was like "Is Grace at your house?" (OR in Tagalog, Nandoon pon si Grace sa bahay ninyo?)  He said she was.  Sister Mataele was like, "Maybe thats a sign we need to go to her."  I definitely agreed.  So we went to Grace, and she let us in.  We were asking how she was doing, and then she just started crying.  She has been going through so many trials.  They have no money, and her child has a really high fever, and they can't buy medicine.  Well, we shared with her 3 Nephi 13:31-33.  We promised her that if she would have faith in God, and trust that if she put Him first in her life, He would provide and bless her.  We invited her to read the Book of Mormon, continue to pray, and Come to church.  She said she probably wasn't going to be able to come to church, because they had something important right during that time.  She said she would try and come.

Well, Sunday came and I was on the stand because I was playing the piano.  Anyways, I looked down, and there she was!!  Grace came to church!  What a blessing and true act of faith.  We had a lesson with her later, and she was sooooo happy!  Like, I have never seen her so happy before.  She had a wonderful time at church, and said she learned so much in the classes.  She loved it, and she said she will continue to come. :)  She also  has been reading her BOM every day! Holy cow, thats amazing!  She really has shown her faith.  She has felt and seen the blessings in her life, because she has put God first.  I was teaching, and I felt I should extend a baptism date.  She has a baptism date for July 12 too.  I hope and pray that she will continue to progress and continue to put God first.  I think her husband's heart is softening too.  Pray for this family, the Buenavente family. (It's a different family than Margie's.)

We had zone training on Friday.  It was really good, and I learned a lot.  We have new standards of Excellence.  I like what they have said, that focusing on the Standards of Excellence will help you fulfill your purpose.  Yes, don't only focus on numbers, and teach PEOPLE, not LESSONS of numbers, but set goals, and strive to reach the Standard so that you can fulfill your purpose more.  Don't think that I only focus on numbers, noooo!  But, I strive to reach them, so I can better fulfill my purpose as a missionary. :)

Happy Fathers day!!!  Dad, you are such a wonderful, Christlike and loving man!  Thank you for being so righteous, and raising me and all of your other children in a Christ Centered home.  Dad, thank you for fulfilling your duties as a Father, as stated in "The Family: A Proclamation to the World."  You are a such an important example and person in my life.  I love you and miss you dad! (and everyone else..)  Happy Father's day to my Grandpa too, and all of my Brother's in law.  You are all great Fathers.  Keep doing what you are doing!  

Well, I have had a wonderful week!  I have learned many things!  Grabi!! :)  I know that the gospel is the plan of God, for all of us, His children.  I know that in order for us to have true happiness and peace, kailangan po natin na sundin yung plano na ito!  Sobra nagpapasalamat ako na miyembro and missionary ako ng Ang simbahan ni Jesu Christo!  I know that the gospel is happiness and is really the way!  I love you all!  Keep reading, praying, and going to church!

Love, Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment