Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 32

Hello sa inyong lahat!

This week has been really good. :)  Sister Margie Buenavente was baptized on Saturday the 17th of May.  It was a beautiful baptism.  The spirit was there, and she truly felt the difference after she was baptized.  I asked her how she felt, and she said she was so happy, and her feelings were lighter.  She felt her burdens being lifted as she was baptized.  She has been prepared by angels on high, and she is just on fire!  I am so excited for the day when she can be sealed to her family forever, and be even happier.  She has never missed a Sunday, and she always reads the pamphlets and the scriptures.  I love this lady and I know that she will do so well, and be so much happier in her life because she applies and lives the gospel.  Continue to pray for her family, that they will want the happiness that she has!

Well, on Wednesday we got to do a service project at Tatay Pablo's house. He is such a cute old man and he's a recent convert.  He loves the gospel and has a wonderful testimony.  I love it when he prays, he talks with Heavenly Father sincerely and like he would talk to a friend.  Well, it felt great to do service for him, and I know that service is such an important part of missionary work.  So our whole district was able to come and help, so it was so fun and we felt great afterwards! :)

So I finally have the first vision memorized in Tagalog.  The spirit is so much stronger in our lessons as we testify of Joseph Smith and the restoration of the gospel.  Having it memorized really does make a difference.  I try and practice it everyday, and as I do, I have felt myself improve.  Well, I am glad that Heavenly father has helped me learn and memorize the 1st vision, and I am grateful for the different and stronger spirit in our lessons.  We met this old couple last night, Felix and Ligaya. (By the way, Ligaya means happy.  I like that name a lot! It's so cute!!)  They are adorable and had so many questions.  "Why is there 1 God and so many different churches??" I love that question because we have the answer!!  So while he was saying the closing prayer, he thanked God that the Priesthood has been restored.  Man, this couple is so ready!  Please pray for them!  Oh, the reason why I broght them up, is because in the lesson, I recited the 1st vision memorized, and I was able to look them in the eye, and say the things that Joseph Smith said, "...Nakakita ako ng dalawang katauhan...who's brightness and glory defy all descrition, nakatayo sa hangin sa itaas ko. Ang isa sa kanila ay nagsalita sa akin, tinatawag ako sa akin pangalan at nagsabi, Ito ang pinakamamahal na anak, pankinggan siya." The spirit was so strong!

Well, I love the work I do everyday!  I know that this is the "Work and the glory" of God.  I am so humbled to be one of His Full-time servants.  I love the gospel and I know that it is true!  I love you all, and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Love, Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment