Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Week Labing-isa (11)

Hello Po!!

This week was so great!  We had pday, then on Tuesday all the trainers and trainees had a training meeting all day.  We got up and drove 45 minutes to Legazpi city, and then started the meeting at 10.  It was so fun to see and talk to them aftr a month of being in the field.  We're all a little different in a better way! :)  Well the training was great, and after we went to the Pacific Mall, and got Mcdonalds sundaes.  It was so delicious!  I miss getting those, every so often! haha!  The next day, we got up really early and then went to Legazpi again for the mission Christmas conference.  It was a lot of fun to see all of the 164 missionaries there!  I learned a lot and felt the spirit tons!!  

Inline image 2So after 2 or 3 days of not doing real missionary work, I was ready to get back in business!  I love Missionary work, and after 3 "Idle" days, I needed and wanted to do it even more!  I love teaching people about the gospel, and seeing people change and come unto Christ!  The atonement is real, and changes us!

So on Saturday, there was a baptism, and I got to play the piano.  I also got to sing a musical number with my companion and some other ladies in the branch.  As I was singing "I feel my Saviors love" I felt an overwhelming feeling of love for the people here.  I felt a little glimpse of the love that God has for them!  I am so grateful for that special moment that I had, that was from God.  It was amazing!  

So I was supposed to give a talk on Sunday, but the Branch President forgot to tell me that He was going to extend it to next week.  Well, I sat up on the stand for the whole sacrament meeting, so I looked pretty stupid.  It was funny though.  I did end up saying the closing prayer, so I was good for something! haha! ;)  

Oh, so an embarrassing moment... Sister Siola'a and I were walking down some stairs at the store, and we were laughing about something.  All of the sudden, well I was falling down the last few stairs, and the next thing I knew, I was laying on the floor, pretty much.  It was so funny!  We just laughed at what had just happened, and also, the reaction of the people who saw!  Oh, I love those funny crazy and embersing moments, that make life great! :)  
Inline image 1

Well, I want to wish you all a merry Christmas!  This Christmas season has been a little different for me.  I have really tried to focus on the real reason why Christ was born.  I am so grateful that He as born, so that we can have the Atonement.  As I have thought about it, "Sacrament songs" have become more like "Christmas" songs to me.  Those songs really explain the purpose Christ was born.  I love Jesus Christ.  I know that He lives and Loves each of us!  He is our only hope!!

I love you all!
Love, Johannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment