Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Week Labing-siyam (19)

Hello Po,

Magandag umaga, hapon, or gabi.  Kumusta po kayo lahat?? This week has been different and amazing!  To start the week, we went to Legaspi and i met my new companion, Sister Tou.  She is awesome!  She's a cook islander, from Australia/new zealand.  So, I guess I just need to learn something that the wonderful Polynesian people can offer. :)  Sister Tou is a wonderful example to me already, in the week I've known her.  She is very diligent and kind.  She is a fabulous missionary.  She has been out for 6 months, but very talented in Tagalog.  But, we will definitely have to do a lot of study and practice in the language, so we can survive. :)  I have learned a lot this past week, and said and done things I didn't think I could do or say, before.  It's a little scary to lead the area, but luckily so far, we have only had to turn around once. :)

Inline image 1
 
I do though, miss my Nanay, Sister Siola'a.  It's not the same Tabaco city with out her, but I know that everything will be okay.  It was a wonderful 12 weeks of training, not i'm in the real thing!  I need to work harder and use the talents that God has given me, to the fullest!  I am sobrang excited for this transfer!  

Inline image 2
 
So to end the week, Sister Labordo was baptized on Friday, the 14th of February.  It was a long awaited, so special day!  I felt the spirit so strongly.  I felt some of the love of God for sister Labordo.  It was an experience that I will never forget.  I love Sister Labordo and her family, and I hope that soon, Brother Labordo will be baptized.  I am very grateful for the baptismal covenants that I have made, and that I was able to see sister Labordo make.  It was just wonderful to see Sister so happy and ready to be baptized.  She wrote a song, and sang it to us in her testimony. It was so powerful, even though I didn't understand all of it, I still felt the spirit!  We were also able to sing a musical number, "I feel my Saviors Love" and "I know that my Redeemer lives."  I also felt the spirit as we sang that, my gratitude and love for the people here, and for Heavenly Father grew even more.  Ahhh!!  I just love being on my mission!
 
Inline image 3

On Saturday, a little girl who we've taught a few times, got got baptized.  She is the one in the picture.  That baptism was great!  That day, 5 people got baptized!  It was amazing as well!!  Oh, I just love seeing people, even as young as 8, make covenants with God.  How beautiful it is to be a missionary and to be an instrument in Gods hands!  I love it, and I never want to stop being a missionary!

Inline image 4
 
I love all of you.  Please be a missionary.  Always be doing the things that will lead you to the people who need to have the joy of the gospel.  Help the missionaries.  Be a friend to the Less actives and investigators.  The lord will bless and prosper you, as you share His gospel and put Him first! I know that the Church is true!  How could it not be?  I love the gospel, I love the Lord, and I love being a missionary!

Love you all!

Love, Sister Coleman

Inline image 5


No comments:

Post a Comment