Monday, January 20, 2014

Week Labing-Lima (15)

Hello po pamilya ko, at kaibigan ko!

Magandang Umaga, Hapon, at Gabi! (Beautiful morning, evening, and night.)  I hope you are all doing well!  I am just loving this mission!  Guess what???  I ate Balut!  Yes, sister Coleman ate the Balut that everyone is so "grossed" out with...well, it wasn't too bad after all.  I'll try and send the video sometime.  Well, i'm just glad my little chick didn't have feathers!  It was actually so fun to try, and I would eat it again.  Nathan, you'd better be proud of me!  I was thinking of how happy you would be, the whole time I was eating it!  Yeah, so we went on exchanges this week with our Sister Training leaders.  I went with sister Fabia. She's great, and we had a lot of fun together.  I have a lot I can improve in, and I am excited to become a better missionary.  

Inline image 1

Well, I got to go on splits with a lady in my branch.  We taught a lesson about obedience to the commandments and also scripture study.  I loved the lesson!  I felt the spirit so strongly.  I know that we are given commandments to help us.  I love the commandments of God!  I know they are so important for us to follow!  I am so thankful that God gives us commandments! We need to strive to follow them, and come to love and know them!


Oh, so this ladies daughter (the one we taught about the commandments) is so cute!  She wants be like sister Siola'a and I and be a missionary.  She want's to go to church so bad!  But, we just need to get her mom to come!  It's sometimes hard to trust in God, but we need to know that if we are doing his will, He will provide! I love the scriptures in 3 Nephi 13:31-34.  I think we can apply these to any situation with following the commandments.

Inline image 2

Okay, so I had an embarrassing, "Sister Coleman, trying to speak Tagalog" moment.  Well we were on a Padjuck, riding home, and I was just trying to talk with the driver.  I was like, "May Typhoon ba?" (Is there a typhoon?) He said, "Opo." (Yes) I said, "Saan?" (Where?) So, he pulled out his little white cell phone out of his pocket...I thought he was trying to show me where the typhoon was, on his phone.  Well, after a second, I said, "Grabi!!" (Grabi is like saying "that stinks, oh man, thats horrible, too bad"...you know, something you would say if you didn't like something or that there was a typhoon.)  After a second of thinking, I realized that He thought I said, "may telephone ba?"  Yes, I told this man that his phone was "Grabi!"  I am a horrible missionary!  Oh sister siola'a and I are still laughing about that experience!  I guess all missionaries learning a language have plenty of those.

Well, I hope you all know that I know that the church is true!  I love this gospel, and i am so happy!  I love this mission I have been called on, I know I need to be here doing this work!  I love you all!  You are in my prayers!! 

Love, Sister Coleman


Inline image 3

No comments:

Post a Comment