Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Call and Preparation

It was Thursday, June 13th when we got a big envelope in the mail.  What could it be??  Could it be Johannah's mission call that we have eagerly waited for, for the past month?  It was!!  Well, I came home from work, we quickly ate dinner, got everyone on the phone and skype, made the predictions, and then....the big moment came, and I opened the letter and started reading it.  After almost a few tears, I read, "Sister Coleman, You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  You are assigned to labor in the Philippines Legaspi Mission... You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Tagalog language."  
WHAT??  Holy Cow, am I really called to go to the Philippines?  I am so excited for this beautiful blessing and opportunity to serve the Lord, and the wonderful people in the Philippines!  I report to the Provo MTC on Wednesday, October 9th 2013, and I will be out for the next 18 months.  I am so thankful for my mission, and I want to make it the best 18 months of my life so far. :D  Well, keep looking at my blog so you can read my letters and look at my pictures.  Last of all, I want to thank my parents and my siblings for everything they have done for me, to help me prepare for my mission.  I also want to thank all of my friends and other relatives that have influenced me, and have encouraged me to serve the Lord!  THANK YOU!!!
Love, Johannah (Sister Coleman:)

No comments:

Post a Comment